Saturday 27 December 2014

Meet The Cinderella Cast: Claire Greenway

Claire Greenway is the most fabulous fairy in panto land - in fact so fabulous she was our fairy in Sleeping Beauty last year and has returned to the Gatehouse to play the funky Fairy Funlove in Cinderella!

Stafford Gathouse Theatre: What's your favourite thing about Rock 'n' Roll Panto Claire?

Claire Greenway: It's the combination of everything I love - funny scripts, amazing music and the most talented people I have ever met.

SGT: Tell us just a few of the instruments you are playing this year:

CG: Alto and tenor saxaphone and piano

SGT: What are you most enjoying this year?

CG: I love singing Try A Little Tenderness, but my highlight will always be Gregory Clarke in a dress (Gregory plays the ugly sister Verruca)

SGT: Do you have any pre-show rituals?

CG: Check my wings are on straight!

SGT: In this show you are Cinderella's fairy godmother, but if you had a fairy godmother of your own who could grant you one wish, what would it be?

CG: To steal all my cast mate's talents so I could rule the world!

SGT: And finally, why do you think panto has remained such an iconic tradition?

CG: It's pure joy - silliness, romance, innuendo, and our music makes it perfect!

 

Claire in action as Fairy Funlove

 

2 comments:

  1. i think you are absolutly fab!!!! me and my sister have been twice and iv got to say you, baron hardness (;-)) and dandini have to be my faves my sister has a slight crush on verruca too - her husband wont be happy lol looking forward to seeing you perform in the future <3 emma mason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog... keep-up the good work...May I share a blog about Tokyo Disneyland in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/05/tokyo-disneyland-at-castle.html
    Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/ilDiFkV61rY

    ReplyDelete