Wednesday 1 July 2015

Meet the Much Ado About Nothing Cast: Genevieve Helson

Opening week for Much Ado About Nothing couldn't have gone better and today we caught up with Genevieve Helson. She is performing as Ursula in Much Ado About Nothing.
Genevieve Helson

SGT: Hi Genevieve, what are you enjoying in this year's show? 

GH: Working with very talented actors and musicians and giving Shakespeare a bash.

SGT: What made you want to be involved?

GH: Being part of a really funny company and I’ve always loved doing Shakespeare, so I’m enjoying getting stuck into a show I haven’t done before.

SGT: Have you performed in the grounds of a castle before?

GH: I’ve never performed outside before, so it’s definitely a new experience!

SGT: Could you tell us a bit more about the character of Ursula?

GH: Ursula is Hero’s maid. She is quite a loyal maid who is also quite perceptive and I think up for a laugh.
Genevieve as Ursula with Catherine Lamb (Hero)
SGT: What do you think she brings to the play?

GH: A little bit of wedding and wit, but also some essential maid duties.

SGT: What do you love most about Much Ado About Nothing as a play?

GH: I love the changing and tense relationship between Benedick and Beatrice, I hope to play her when I’m a bit older.

 
SFS: What do you think the audience will enjoy most about this year’s production and setting?

GH: It's very picturesque and also as a comedy, hopefully they will find it funny! (One hopes)

You have until Saturday 11th July to see Genevieve at Stafford Castle. Book your tickets here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment